The Friends of the Library is an independent organization of volunteers that supports the mission of the Alfred Box of Books Library, and allows the library to expand its library services to our community.
The purpose of the Friends of the Alfred Box of Books Library is to:
- Promote the library services, materials, and events
- Provide volunteer support for library activities
- Raise funds for immediate and long range projects
- Support the Freedom to Read as expressed by the American Library Association’s Bill of Rights.
Membership is open to anyone willing to actively support and represent the mission of the library. There are many ways in which you can help:
- Administration (i.e., serving as an officer such as President, Vice President, Treasurer, or Secretary; acting as a liaison between the Friends of the Library and the library Board of Trustees.
- Fundraising (i.e., planning, promoting, setting up, volunteering at fundraising events)
- Promotion (i.e., representing the library at outreach event such as farmer’s markets; helping library advertise and promote programs and events; sharing events at local clubs/organizations)
- Projects (i.e., volunteering for special needs of the library such as gardening, moving books, etc.)
- Advocacy (i.e., help with annual tax referendum mailings; participating in annual advocacy work such as annual postcard campaign led by STLS)
There is not a large time commitment required of the Friends of the Library, and there are many different ways you can give of your time. The Friends of the Library will hold at least four (4) meetings annually for planning and organizational purposes. The Friends of the Library will host a maximum of two (2) fundraisers per year.
If you are interested in being a member of the Friends of the Library complete this application: Membership Application